5 early signs of web Design Mistakes & how to fix them
The truth about utilizing your website as a marketing tool and how cheap websites can affect your business.
Many business owners do not care about fancy website designs or mobile responsiveness. You know what they do care about? Increasing profit margins and attracting new clients.
Are you waiting for your business to crash and burn?
One of the most common Google searches for business owners is “how do I find my ideal client?” The answer to this question is exactly why you should care about website speeds, mobile responsiveness, etc. Underneath those truths may be exactly why you need a new website.
Below are the five tell-tell signs of web design mistakes to help you identify if you need a new website or redesign your current website. If you’re debating if you need one at all, be sure to check out our latest article on Why Businesses Need a Website.
the 5 critical signs of web Design Mistakes
There’s several things that can signal you have a website crisis; however, after being in business for several years these are just a few of the most common web design mistakes we have come across.
1. Poor content strategy – One of the main reasons why many websites suffer from a poor content strategy is because the business has not identified their buyer persona. Knowing your buyer persona allows you as a business owner to speak to the needs and interest of your ideal client. Many business owners make the mistake of making the copy (word and messaging) on their website too general. This is just a waste of time. Here’s a few tips:
- Identify your buyer persona – This includes who they are, their interest & demographics
- Create content on your blog that interest and engages your buyer
Address the pain points of your target market in your FAQs and other pages on your website with a clear instruction on how to contact your business.
2. Slow website – If your website, is loading slow, then you need a new website. When utilizing your website to collect leads, sale a product or service, to attract new clients, your website must load less than 3 seconds. According to an article from Entrepreneur Magazine, 40% of visitors will leave a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
So, what do you think happens when you run ads that lead to a landing page on your website?
Interested buyers leave your website before ever seeing your offer (also known as a high bounce rate)! Many business owners use their website to attract new clients. Again, if potential clients leave your website before it loads, you’re leaving money on the table.
3. Lacks mobile optimization – What is mobile optimization? Most websites look very beautiful when viewed on a desktop computer or laptop. More than 70% of users view websites on their mobile device. When websites are not optimized for mobile viewing, all contents do not display properly on the page. The words on the page may be off screen or too big or some elements may not show at all. This is one of the main reasons that signal you need a new website as it creates a poor user experience. Google also penalizes websites that are not mobile responsive.
4. Visually unappealing – Your website should look clean and professional. I go into more detail about this in my recent article on the painful truth about cheap websites. The reality is buyers are visual and a poorly designed website speaks to your level of professionalism. What makes a website visually unappealing? Colors consistent with your brand, professional photos and videos that educate your buyer and a neat layout.
5. No Ad Conversions– This goes back to website speed. When you run ads to a landing page, you may notice you have high traffic but low conversions. Why is this? The number one reason for high bounce rates is slow websites. The other possibility is that the offer and content on your page is not consistent with the offer in your ad.
About The Author
Jessica Smith Is the Founder and Lead Designer at Prostige Marketing Based in Wisconsin.
Jessica Smith is the Founder and Lead Designer of Prostige Marketing. I worked as a professional photographer for over 8 years and as my business began to flourish, I recognized an overwhelming need for both myself and business owners alike to have a customized website that operates as a marketing tool that contributes to my bottom line.
Need a website that generates sales for your business? Prostige Marketing would love to help! If you know you’d like us to help you generate leads for your business, skip the video and click below to get started.